Tips for Starting a New School Year
Here are some helpful educational tips to get ready for a new school year:
1) Re-establish bedtime and mealtime routines. During the summer months bedtime and mealtime routines can change. Talk with your child about the difference in bedtime during summer months vs. school months. Reading stories before bedtime is a great way to prepare for a good night's rest!
2) There will be many materials coming home in the first few days of school. Review materials as they come home with your child and return any necessary paperwork within a few days. This avoids the possibility of missing an item that needs to be returned . . . there's always a new pieces of information coming home in the first few days of school.
3) Mark your calendars with important events. There are many activities that take place throughout the school year. Take advantage of our down-loadable school calendar.
4) Pack backpacks the night before and leave in the same location each night. If you child brings a lunch to school, pack it the night before. Established routines will help school mornings run smoother.
5) Establish a homework routine. Having a designated time and place to work on homework assignments will make for a smooth evening. Discuss with your child and make them a part of the decision-making process.
Preparation and Routine is the key to unlocking the start of a Successful New School Year . . . Ready - Set - Go!